Believe or not, I have 3 part time 'pimps' (M, D & S) trying to flog me off.And lately, they've been trying really hard to match-make me. (thanks ah people, what would I do without you guys pimping me off eh? :P )
What I find interesting, is how eagerly they would ask me after just one or two meet-ups, "Soooo.... what do you think huh? Got feeeling or not?"
And my answer has been undoubtedly predictable and so boring; "..ermm.. ok lah. Like that lor..." (Although I did tell D one morning when he sms'ed me and ask what I was doing that day, and I said,"I'm meeting X later for breakkie, you want to come along?" And immediately, he rang me, "Really!? where?" - I've never heard him more excited over the phone. Actually, come to think of it now, "wah lao eh D, you sounded too excited lah." Gross.)
Anyway, how much can you really tell about a person after just one or two meet-ups? Apart from the physical appearances, I think its kinda hard/impossible/unfair to make any in depth determinations on character right? Well... ok, apart from my usual tendency to stereotype people but that's another thing altogether that I only do on strangers that I will never meet again or have nothing else to do with.
Perhaps it's because of how the media feeds our minds with stories of "love-at-first-sight". Even children's fairy tales like Snow White have ingrained this possibility in us from young. Ever wonder how come Snow White just falls in love the prince that kissed her awake? In today's context, if a guy ever did that to a sleeping girl whom he's never met, he'd probably be charged for molest and caned a couple of times. heeeheee...
So I guess the real question is, do I believe in love-at-first-sight? Well, I used to think that it was possible. Now, I'm not so certain.
Anyway, I guess it doesn't hurt to get to know more people. After all, all my best buds are either married or married with kids. It's kinda sobering to think that you may actually be literally the "last man standing".
So thus this chapter of my black book still remains in draft.
I wonder when I'll be able to close it.
1 comment:
Well, have you? Have you called her? We gave you the PERFECT excuse to lor! Don't waste it, y'hear! More pimping to be cont'd, if you still need it then! Heh heh.
Post a Comment