Sunday, June 19, 2005

Huff & Puff - Part One


My faithful Nikes
My alarm clocking buzzes off, interrupting a rather pleasant sleep. I reach out and slapped the alarm clock into meek silence.

It's 4.45am. I can't believe its time already. It feels like I just got into bed. Darn...

I'm in a very comfortable position under my blanket, and the temperature is just right- not too hot, not too cold.

I'm seriously contemplating calling off the whole exercise. At my age, you start to question the sanity of waking up at 5am in the morning...even more so when you are suppose to be going for a 10km hike.

Reluctantly I drag myself off to the shower. The warm water wakes me up just a little more.

An hour later, I find myself at MacRitchie Reservoir with Pink.

The whole place is still pitch dark, but already, you can spot some really die-hard runners doing their warm up routines. There's a little elderly group that is doing their tai-chi routine, and a younger group doing Yoga.

The sky starts to light up with streaks of golden rays just peeping over the horizon. A moment later, the sky's a wonderful bluey-orangey-red hue stretching out and chasing the last of the night away. Soon after, you can hear the birds start to greet the new day with their songs.



Not bad. It might be worth getting up so early after all.

No comments: